Umrah holds special significance and rewards in Islam that provides spiritual purity to every Muslim who performs it. However, unlike Hajj it is not an obligation for a person, it is actually Sunnat-e-Muwaqada (highly recommended).
People are often confused about what to pack for Umrah. So below is a complete checklist of essential items that you should carry before embarking on your journey, so that your Umrah trip remains hassle-free and memorable Umrah package.
Travel related documents
- Air tickets and travel itinerary
- Passport and Visa (it’s a good idea to also carry a copy of your passport).
- Hotel and transport vouchers.
- Travel insurance
- An ID card or wrist bands provided by your Umrah operator
- Vaccination records
- Relationship Verification card.
- At least 4-6 passport size photographs – these may be needed for documents and procedures during the course of your journey.
- Debit / Credit Cards
- Forex cards – it is a good idea to invest in a forex card as it enables you to travel hassle-free without having to worry about carrying or managing a lot of cash. Many banks and companies offer Forex cards. HDFC bank even has a special card designed for Hajj and Umrah pilgrims called HDFC Bank Hajj Umrah ForexPlus Card, which is issued in Saudi Riyals and can be used to withdraw cash or make payments on your travels anywhere in the world and not just during your pilgrimage.
- Enough cash to pay for immediate needs like taxi or food.
- Islamic Will or guide.
- Phone numbers – next of kin, tour guide, and hotel.
- Pocket Quran – although copies of the Quran would be available in the mosque, it is convenient to have your own.
- Prayer Mat.
- Tasbeeh or digital Dhikr counter
- Seven-bead Tasbeeh – would be handy to keep count of your circuits during Tawaf and Sa’i.
- Dua List – a list of all pleas you would like to make Dua’s for
- A good quality medium hard case suitcase is recommended.
- Ensure you carry locks and the key to safeguard your belongings
- Luggage tags to identify your bags. Making some identification marks on your bags can help you spot your bags from a distance.
- Ihram – Thick cotton or toweling (terry cloth) material is preferred. Carry an extra set just in case the first set becomes impure.
- Additional safety pins or clips
- A waist pouch is recommended to keep your money, cards, and documents with you at all times.
- Loose and comfortable clothing – When you are not in Ihram, it is advisable to carry loose comfortable clothing that does not require ironing, hassle-free, can be easily washed and those that are appropriate for your journey.
- Footwear – a flat soft pair of walking sandals is recommended. You can also carry a pair of sneakers or trainers or rubber slippers/flip flops in a plastic bag to walk with comfort.
- Carry a hat or a scarf/hijab
- Sunglasses if you are sensitive to light.
- A few pairs of socks
- An umbrella.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste (fragrance-free) or miswak
- Fragrance-free soap, shampoo, detergent, etc
- Toilet rolls and pocket tissues.
- Wet wipes & Sanitizer
- Foldable scissors and nail cutter (ensure these items are not packed in your hand carry as they will be confiscated at the airport).
- Carry your current medication
- Important medications and antibiotics for cold & flu, pain relief tablets, for travel sickness, upset stomach or lozenges for the throat, etc.
- Fragrance-free creams and Vaseline
- Bandages for cuts or blisters
- Oral rehydration supplements and glucose.
- Phone + charger and portable power bank
- Universal adapter
- Alarm clock
- Optional items such as traveling iron, portable kettles, digital scales, or portable fan.
Other items which can be carried are travel pillows, dust masks, Pen and notebook, packets of juice or biscuits, ear plugs, hooks or clips for hanging etc.
It is also vital to ensure that the relevant information is passed to your next of kin who is staying behind.
- Copies of all your travel documents (passport, visa, travel itinerary, hotel booking etc)
- Details and contact of the Umrah operator/guide
- Mobile phone numbers (Saudi sim card if purchased).
Visit us best deal Holiday247.in
Our Expert Team Mr. Sadaf Khan are Operating for Umrah Package and Umrah Deal.